HomeComputerMuseum in NL

А также выставки и другие мероприятия. Обсуждение коллекций
whizzi
Контактная информация:

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение whizzi » 08.05.2021,19:29

Hi,

Not sure if I'm allowed to make a post here, but here we go. My name is Bart van den Akker and I'm the founder of the Dutch HomeComputerMuseum. I've started to create this museum in 2016 and we eventually opened in 2018 in the city center of Helmond in a 500m2 location. Helmond is part of the so called Brainport area (together with Eindhoven) and is in many ways comparable with Silicon Valley in the US. Companies like Philips, ASML and Intel are housed in the region. So, a computer museum is pretty obvious and we are the only one.

In February 2020 we moved to a much bigger and more beautiful location which we rent for the next 10 years. We enjoyed our new location for 1 month, then we had to close due corona. At this moment, we're still in lockdown and we expect to open by the end of this month. We have a unique way of doing business, making us independent of any external money. We have no sponsors and no subsidy, but we manage to pay our rent and electrical bills.

Currently we have a staff of 50, around 400 computers on display with at least 80% hands-on (meaning they are on for everyone to use). In our storage there are another 2000 computers (mostly backups for the systems We are open as a business 7 days a week, the museum part is open 5 days a week.

A few of our unique items are:
- World's largest collection Philips and Tulip computers.
- World's largest collection boxed PC Games (as stated in Guinness World Record). Around 2000 boxed games.
- World's largest collection Philips CD-i titles and hardware. Around 1000 CD-i's
- Home of the famous Commodore Amiga 4000 used for the movie Titanic, as well as an Amiga 2500 that was previously owned by NASA AND the last surviving Amiga 1200 from Psygnosis (game developer)
- Europe's largest collection Tandy computers.
- The Intel C4004 (grey lines), Acorn System 1 (first Acorn Computer) and Sinclair MK-14. All very rare and original.
- First IBM PC of Europe (dated november 1981 and still functional)
- World's largest Instagram followers (well over 20.000 at this moment).
- A healthy revenue ;)

We have most brands complete, IBM (the pre-PS/2 is complete), Apple (yes, we have an Apple I.. it's a reproduction but that's close enough), Atari (only missing 2), Sinclair, Tandy, Commodore, Philips. Meaning we have every model that came out between 1976 and 2006. Our collection currently ends on Windows Vista and the Macbooks. The oldest device is a 1931 typewriter, the oldest complete computer would be the Altair 8800.

For more information, you may want to watch this little video:
Or visit our website at https://homecomputer.museum or Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/homecomputermuseum/
(we also have Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Youtube, Tiktok, Twitch etc)
Изображение

So, why am I here? Well, my wife is Russian to begin with. She now lives 11 years in the Netherlands and we're happily married (she allowed me to open a museum!). Currently I'm in St. Petersburg for visiting my mother-in-law. Last time when I visited (a few years ago) I went to the Arcade museum and found out about the Dendy. Since I saw it, I wanted one. Because I do like to show some Russian computers because that's also very interesting to see.

The closest thing we have is a KC-85 from East Germany.

Also back in NL we found this magazine showing an AGAT 4 on front. A bright orange computer that seems to be an Apple II-clone. I really fancy that one, it looks amazing! However, does this bright orange machine actually exist because I can't really find much about it..
Изображение

Anyway, I'm in Russia until the 14th this month and I can read and understand a bit Russian, speaking or typing is a little too much now. So I hope you don't mind me typing in English :)
Последний раз редактировалось whizzi 08.05.2021,21:13, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Bator
Advanced Member

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение Bator » 08.05.2021,19:39

You're cool guys! Welcome to the forum.

led178
Advanced Member

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение led178 » 08.05.2021,23:00

It pains me a little to remember this, but as a child, we gouged out such an Agate. I remember the disappointment that we did not find interesting details in it :)
In an era when 486 and the first pentiums were already outdated (and therefore got children) Agate was not at all interesting.

size_t
Advanced Member
Контактная информация:

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение size_t » 08.05.2021,23:27

Hello Bart, welcome :)
Very impressive and rather huge collection.

pahan
Advanced Member

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение pahan » 09.05.2021,00:22

Well, according to local sources, Agate-4 was actually a pre-production variant, mostly used for demonstration and internal software development purposes. They were manufactured in 1984 in Moscow and only one machine of about 100 was colored red specially for excibitions with the red colored TV set (it used standard black& white or color TVs, no special display was needed). Slightly refined version were manufactured from 1985 as Agate-7, and you could try searching for them, but they could be rather rare by now - Agates were sold for schools, were the first model for this "market segment" and had typical for soviet devices reliability problems. And yes, they were Apple-ii based and partially compatible with them.

whizzi
Контактная информация:

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение whizzi » 09.05.2021,00:34

Ah, I was afraid of that.. that's why I couldn't find a photo or something. An AGAT-7 or so would be okay for me too BTW. I still want one, only for this story ;)

Thank you for this info anyway.

whizzi
Контактная информация:

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение whizzi » 09.05.2021,12:22

I found an AGAT-7 for sale, apparently he has more. Can someone confirm if this is for sale?
https://www.avito.ru/saratov/kollektsio ... ion=621540

skoroxod
Advanced Member
Контактная информация:

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение skoroxod » 09.05.2021,12:40

whizzi писал(а): 09.05.2021,12:22 I found an AGAT-7 for sale, apparently he has more. Can someone confirm if this is for sale?
https://www.avito.ru/saratov/kollektsio ... ion=621540
Don't buy anything from this person! He's a crook!
Photos do not match the description. Incomplete electronic boards inside.
Психологическая зрелость - это понимание того, как много вещей в мире не нуждается ни в твоих комментариях, ни в твоем мнении.

skoroxod
Advanced Member
Контактная информация:

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение skoroxod » 09.05.2021,13:29

By the way, red Agat-7 was produced by LEMZ (ЛЭМЗ) - Lianozovsky Electromechanical Plant.

Изображение Изображение
Психологическая зрелость - это понимание того, как много вещей в мире не нуждается ни в твоих комментариях, ни в твоем мнении.

pahan
Advanced Member

Вклад в сообщество

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение pahan » 09.05.2021,17:20

Yes, this is the same (mostly military-related) plant, which made Agate-4, and was one of the plants that manufactered later Agates. Lianozovo is one of northern Moscow districts.

whizzi
Контактная информация:

HomeComputerMuseum in NL

Сообщение whizzi » 10.05.2021,00:48

Ok, I guess that will be a near impossible task to find.

Ответить